Katie Anna: Running with Stroller

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Running with Stroller


My current goal is to run a 10K race with the boys. I started running after Orange 1 (because I got sooo fat) and actually have really enjoyed it and kept with it. I never ran before, I didn't like it and I thought I couldn't do it. In the beginning I could only run 30 seconds, I kid you not. We bought a Chariot this year, this is the part where I plug Chariot and they offer me free things only to find out I already bought everything. Its awesome. We had a MEC stroller before and it was really good but didn't have an infant sling and I didn't want to wait until Red 2 was old enough, I'd have had to pretty much skip this whole year. If your kids are over a year and you don't want to spend as much this is a really good option. Under a year or willing to spend the extra go for the Chariot all the way!!! So we bought the Chariot and I love it. The thing I really like about ours are : infant sling, a godsend, water bottle pocket ( at least thats what I think its for), the side vents come off for extra air for munchkins, The cover clips in place vs velcro and surprisingly I really like and frequently use the hand brake. Beware if its windy, oh my gosh it is hard to push. I like to think of it as part of the workout. I was almost at my 10k goal and then my husband went away a lot and I got lazy but I'm back on the wagon. I really want a GPS watch to help bump up my workouts. I have hinted this heavily to the big guy.

The best part about running is that it gives me a time out, its me time but the kids really enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you.