Katie Anna: A Change of Season

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Change of Season


The changing months always have a profound affect on me and none more than September. I still have that little kid part of me that marks years according the start and stop of school. The first of September has far more significance for me than that of New Years. The beginning of September has a feeling of excitement yet sadness. It's saying goodbye to the hot lazy days of summer, swimming pools and spaghetti straps and in turn donning closed toe shoes, vests and thinking of mittens to come. It always leaves me with a little sense of sadness and nostalgic memories of childhood. Goodbye summer, I have loved you but move on to joyful thoughts of sharpened pencils, autumn leaves and trick or treaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you.