Katie Anna: Pink or Blue and a call out fee

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pink or Blue and a call out fee

Friends of ours recently told us how they have subdivided their home into pink and blue task, pretty self explanatory I think. We never labelled them before but there are very clear pink and blue tasks in our home. Blue tasks would be putting away the dishes and the laundry, mowing the lawn and barbecuing (I can barbecue, I choose not to). Pink would be everything else. Yesterday I flushed a diaper liner and some wipes (we have cloth diapers), I know I shouldn't flush wipes but I did so whatever. Last night I notice it hasn't flushed, so I flush it again without thinking and the water starts to rise and I'm like OH GOSH!!!
So I message the carnie and ask him what I should do, do I flush it again, do I plunge it, what? He asks some questions, what happened, what do you see? I see baby poop, what do you think I see?? Anyway he tells me how to plunge, I'm a chick, I've never plunged before, ew. Our plunger until now has been exclusively used for Orange 1 to suction on his face while running through the house. So I do it and come back to the computer and ask him how much a plumber call out would be. He says at least $100 and oh god what happened. I told him it worked fine and I want to paid $100 plus an extra $80 for the gross factor, this was clearly a blue task, I completed it despite being pink and I expect to be paid for it. I don't care that it was my fault, it's still not my job. He actually paid up on the spot plus gave me a nice tip! I'm going to use it to buy a new plunger. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. One girl shouldn't hog all the funny. I always, always laugh out loud when I read your posts. Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks! I can't take the credit though, it's usually him.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you.